Induced Gene Expression Triggers (iGET™) technology is included in several products from ABM™. These products provide multifunctional and crop specific blends of beneficial strains of Trichoderma microbials that help to induce gene expression triggers for a healthier and more productive plant.
Trichoderma are multifunctional endophytic plant symbionts that offer:
- Induced systemic resistance to diseases
- Increased efficiency of nitrogen
- Increased resistance to abiotic stresses by the alleviation of ROS toxicity through the enhancement of redox pathways in plants
- Increased energy production in plants through enhanced photosynthetic efficiency under plant stress
- Revitalized seeds and enhanced germination
- Enhanced nutrient level of produce
How Trichoderma Works
Trichoderma colonizes on the root structure of the host plant and then multiplies and thrives as the host plant grows. Season-long protection is provided to improve plant performance and yield. In addition, crop stresses are reduced.
Benefits of Trichoderma
Biologicals are a natural way to improve agricultural production and plant yields. Some of the most notable benefits of Trichoderma are that it:
- Enhances anti-oxidative potential of the host plant.
- Enhances the uptake of water and nutrients, especially nitrogen, which leads to higher nutrient metabolism.
- Increases photosynthesis of the host plant, which leads to a healthier plant.
Results of Trichoderma
- Increased yield in all crops.
- Greater resistance to plant stresses such as disease, drought, and salt
- Deeper root systems, greater root mass, stronger stalks, and increased tillering
- Better water use efficiency.
- Reduced need for the use of fertilizer, resulting in lower production costs for growers.
- When the host plant dies, the Trichoderma dies, with little if any build-up in the soil.
Side by Side Comparison
Here you can see actual results of root systems for plants treated with ABM™ Trichoderma products in side-by-side comparisons with plants on opposite sides of the same field, which were not.